2. Breeding rights are something that should be earned, not sold. Because of this, all puppies will be sold on a pet-contract only with AKC limited registration. This will only be amended at our discretion should we have an applicant with a proven show-history interested in purchasing a puppy with a show/competition contract.
3. All puppies will be sold on a spay/neuter contract wherein the owner agrees to have puppy spayed or neutered at no sooner than 1 year old and no older than 2 years old. This age contingency is based on a matter of what is best for the dog's overall health. Please refer to our HELPFUL LINKS page for more info on why we adhere to this policy. Additionally, MMSS will retain registration paperwork until after proof of spay/neuter has been provided at the appropriate age. If you have an interest in joining AKC competition events which require registration, then you must address that in your application.
4. All puppies will come with natural ears and with dew claws removed. We do not crop ears, nor do we know anything about the ear-cropping process (seriously... nothing, nada, zilch). However, we believe it is an owner's choice whether or not to crop and currently hold no position should an owner choose to do so at their own expense after receiving a puppy from us. Also, depending on the litter, we may or may not choose to dock the tails. This is a decision we usually make in conjunction with the stud dog's owner and can vary per litter, so if this matters to you, be sure to state such in your application.
5. All puppies will come with a health guarantee that states the puppy is clear of DCM, is healthy on the day of pick up, up-to-date on shots and deworming, microchipped, and has been evaluated by a registered veterinarian.
6. In the unlikely case an owner can no longer care for an MMSS dog of any age, MMSS will take the dog back and rehome it accordingly. We do not allow dogs of our breeding to be re-sold, re-gifted, or released to a shelter or rescue for any reason, nor do we allow the transfer of ownership without breeder consent.
7. A $500 deposit is required to reserve any puppy at the time of owner commitment to a litter. Deposit will go towards the total cost of puppy. Of the deposit, $100 is non-refundable should potential buyer cancel a reservation for a puppy--regardless of reason for cancellation--before puppies reach 4 weeks of age. Deposits are completely non-refundable if someone should cancel their reservation after puppies reach 4 weeks of age or by the time buyer has locked in their choice of puppy, whichever occurs first. Deposits are payable by cashiers check or money order (no personal checks). Final balance due in $ CASH $ at pick up.
8. We do NOT ship. Sorry for this inconvenience! We don't feel the shipping experience is good for pups so young. All puppies will be picked up at our home in person by the intended owner, as there is a contract to sign and notary present to legalize the signatures. If the new owner should choose to fly home with their puppy as a carry-on passenger, that is up to the discretion of the owner. Also, at this time we are not placing any pups in homes in the western US region. We simply do not have the network of resources available to appropriately support new owners that far away from us.
9. All MMSS puppies will come with an AKC registered name picked by the breeder according to the litter's theme that cannot be changed, regardless of ownership transfer. Owners are free to call their pup by whatever name they choose, but the registered name filed with the AKC cannot be altered. (Refer to Nova's information in the OUR DOGS section for how this applies.)
10. This is NOT an adoption! Every puppy from MMSS is a contracted live-animal sale. There is a legal purchase contract that every buyer must sign before ownership will be transferred. We strongly suggest potential buyers request a copy of this contract BEFORE requesting an application to make sure you are willing to agree to its terms.
11. Neither inquiry emails nor phone calls count when it comes to being added to our wait lists. It does not matter if we have spoken repeatedly on the phone for hours or have corresponded in a dozen or more emails--no one will be added to our waiting list until an application is on file. And that application will not be backdated to any point of earlier contact. A potential buyer's position on our waiting list depends on their personal diligence in getting their application returned in a timely manner and adhering to our application process.
12. MMSS will not place any puppies of the opposite sex into households without proof of spay/neuter of current pets already in the home or on premises.
13. All puppies are sold with no expressed guarantee of potential ability for any competitive event or activity. We would LOVE for one of our pups to earn titles in the areas that interest their families, but cannot offer any promises as to their potential or ability to succeed in those venues.
**MMSS reserves the right to amend these policies at any time.